Personal Tutoring and Learning Support
• Every student who attends the college full-time will be offered the support of a Personal Tutor for one to one tutorials and group tutorials.
• Your PT is the person you talk to about how you are getting on and when you have a problem. They will help you to get any help you need to make sure you stay on track with your learning at College.
• You will also learn important life skills like how to keep healthy and the skills you need to learn well and to get a job.
Help is available for all students of all abilities, at all levels.
We can help with:
• Assessments to identify your support needs.
• Provision of specialist teaching support for students identified with a specific learning difficulty.
• Loan of appropriate equipment/specialist software for students with a specific learning difficulty and/or physical disability.
• Assessments to identify eligibility for access arrangements for exams.
• Provision of additional in-class educational support for students with physical and/or specific learning difficulties according to level of need.
Students may access additional support for assignments by arrangement with the Study Skills tutors.
Please let us know if you have any specific needs or difficulties – talk to your Personal Tutor, Student Services or the Learning Support team.
We will treat your enquiry discreetly. We will obtain your permission before details of your support needs are shared with specialist teams within the college.
What is Eduroam?
Eduroam (education roaming) is the college’s wireless connection to the internet on and off campus.
Using Eduroam away from the college?
Eduroam is the secure, world-wide roaming access service for education and is available in lots of other colleges across the UK and overseas
Google Classroom LMS provides access to your course resources, online activities and assignments. Learners can access Google Classroom on desktops, mobile phones and tablets.
To access Google Classroom go to http://classroom.google.com Sign in using your Coleg Cambria Gmail account.
If you need support using Google Classroom, please speak to your tutor, or pop into any campus library and a member of the IT & Library team will be happy to help!
The Library Service offers a welcome place for you to study and meet other students. All sites have a library and you’ll find staff ready to help you with your course work or tech queries and guide you through a range of fantastic resources:
• E-books to match your area of study
• BoB TV streaming service
• Online magazines and journals
• Course books linked to your qualification
The library offers an excellent place to study – either individually or with friends, or you may just need a stress free environment where support is available if needed.
Remember – ask the team if you need any help or guidance and they will be pleased to assist.
In college, technology will play a huge part in your studies and student life – in the library we can help you connect. All libraries have wifi for connecting your own device. We have Chromebooks for you to use both within the library and for short term loan and we will offer hints and tips to help you develop your information and IT skills.
Throughout the year you’ll notice a range of activities and events to support good health and equality. Events may include guest speakers and activities, you are encouraged to join in, learn and share your experiences.
Need advice or help with assignments or course work?
We offer advice and regular sessions on information skills topics including referencing your work correctly, exploring online material, finding relevant material for tasks and assignments and making best use of Google docs. These will all help you succeed and become an effective student. Again, please ask staff for information.
We hope you enjoy your time in college and encourage you to explore the facilities and resources available.
Useful tip – for up to-date information on IT & Library Services check the Student Intranet